Sundays with Sandee - Wax on ~ Wax Off?

Sunday, November 10, 2013


As promised, here is the wax paper technique using the Dylusional Spray inks:


Here is the 2 page spread that I created from the video:

I used the wax paper to create the petals of the flower. I first drew the shape of the flower out with a Sharpie pen onto the wax paper and then cut it out. Laying the "treated" ink side down I adhered it to the page. I then outlined it loosely with a Montana Marker.
The center of the flower is the inked paper towel that I said I had to use somehow!

I love a kit like the October 2013 Mixed Media kit that just keeps on giving. I used some of the sticker word phrases on the left side of the flower to emphasize my journaling. I sketched around the letters using the .04 Sakura pen ( I love that you get different sizes to play with )

This is the difference between the 2 backgrounds:

Ready to play?
If you try out my wax paper technique then please post a picture of what you made on our Frosted Designs face book page. We would love to see what you created!

Here's a hint at what we will be playing with next week:
Faber Castell Watercolor Crayons and Gelatos!!




11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Sundays with Sandee - Wax on ~ Wax Off?”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely AMAZING!! LOVING that flower!!!!!

Jean said...

So cool!!!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

love this technique.. Had been thinking of investing in waxpaper. But I don't use sprays. I think I own 2 glimmermist.. lol..but i saw a youtube on making some with acrylics and rit. All the more reason to try get the waxpaper and try! I am so much more interested in making my own backgrounds and papers thaan buying any. Those Dylusion sprays look like fun!! FD is reeling me in!! The loyalty program.. I have a question.. but I'll ask about that and the mixed media kit on FB. So glad FD sees the GEM you are Sandee.. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us each Sunday.. :-) <3 <3

Debbie said...

Fabulous tutorial Sandi!!! After watching it a made a point of adding wax paper to my store list. Got to give this technique a try!!!

Barb Craft said...

Oh my word Sandee!!! I LOVE this!!! I never would have figured this out on my own and I think I can do this!!!!!! Now that I am back from Vacation, I want to start playing!!!! SOOOOO excited!! Thanks for showing us how!!

barb :)

Barb Craft said...

Tamiko... I couldn't agree more... Sandee is a total gem and we are thrilled that she shares her talents here on Frosted Designs!! Not only is she extremely talented and creative, but she is a total sweetheart as well!! We love her!!

barb :)

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Sandee, I finally got google to let me comment. I love the Videos Keep them going.

Joni Parker said...

Wow...awesome Sandee!! Yes, both you and the tutorial are awesome!! LOL!!

mary said...

So pretty Sandee! I love those sprays and will be giving this a try.
Thank you for doing the video!

Katie said...

I finally got a minute to watch this video!! I love it and can't wait to try on my own!!

Marlene said...

I love these videos. I must say they are stretching me a bit because I am not a "messy" scrapper but am going to give it a try. How do you keep your wonderful pages from leaking on to your previous/next art pages?