2013 December Mixed Media Kit...is definitely on the nice list!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

There is something so exciting about opening a present, especially one that is delivered to your door each month! This December kit is filled with awesome goodies to play with. I had a hard time deciding what to show today, so you get to see a couple projects :)

This first project was all about recycling, the Santa came from my down sizing some Christmas knick knacks,  I thought it would be perfect to set atop a recycled jar and fill it with chocolate kisses for a quick and easy gift.  I wrapped some of the Pink Paisley paper around it and sewed some bells to a strip of the paper and then adhered it to the jar. 

For the next project, I took all the vellum pieces and made a mixed media angel card out of them. ( You can see the close up shots over on my blog ) I also hand sewed the Mode micro beads and embellished her with Ranger's Frosted Lace stickles and the Prima Say it in Crystals. I love the cheesecloth  which I sprayed with both the Heidi Swap Goldshine and Dylusions Perfect Pearls sprays ( combined together, they make an awesome bronze shade ) Then I laid the red fiber over it for more texture. The sentiment was part of a recycled Christmas card from the previous year.

( Here's the pattern for the angel if you want to make one of your own.)

Last night I made a Zen Dangled card...what fun it was to create and so easy using the the sparkly felt from the kit which makes a perfect snow bank, and a little dot of Frosted Lace stickles inside each of the snowflakes makes them sparkle. I love that my Pigma Sensei Manga Drawing Set gives me so many options for pen sizes.

and ta dah...last but not least...

 A Let it Snow gift box.
Made from a recycled ribbon spool.

I took the lyrics from the song, Let it Snow, and printed it out, then used a Koi water brush for a wet paper tearing technique to give it a wavy horizon and glued it along the bottom of the houses paper strip. And added some bling with the Frosted lace stickles.

The chipboard snowflake was sprayed with the Color Shine in Gold and the I put the Prima crystal in the center of it. It was sewn onto the ribbon with the lacquered flower glued into the center of the bow.

 Save your ribbon spools from the gift wrapping ribbon when your finished, they make great little gift boxes.
There are close ups and a special surprise for you over at my blog if you want to visit. The only way to keep this semi-short was to split everything up into 2 posts. I couldn't help myself, it was just too much playing with the products from this fabulous kit! You can find my blog HERE!


5 Comments »

5 Responses to “2013 December Mixed Media Kit...is definitely on the nice list!”

Sarah said...

These projects are so awesome!! I love that adorable gift box and the santa jar is so cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwww! You have been busy!! These are all gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee them!!!!!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic projects Sandee. Hope you have a good Christmas.
Yvonne

Barb Craft said...

Oh my word!!!! LOVE these projects!!! Each one is so unique! The angel is gorgeous made from the vellum and using the ribbon spool to create a gift box is brilliant!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

barb :)

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Love your project Sandee.
I am leaving you some love for the Holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.