An Enchanted Gift Box!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Hi everyone! Michelle here with you today and I have shabby gift box created using this month's "Enchanted" kit from the Frosted Designs Store. The beautiful papers in this kit are perfect for altering projects. This is my first attempt at creating a gift box and I really enjoyed the whole process. Here is the cover of my gift box.


I started by priming all the edges and corners of the box with gesso. Once it dried I inked all the edges using the Teal Damask chalk ink from the kit. After measuring and cutting the papers I inked all the edges with the same ink, then adhered the papers to the box using mod podge. The teal rosette ribbon I used along the lid's edge is from my stash. I love layers so I made a couple tags from some of the scraps to tuck under the flower cluster I created using flowers from the kit along with a few from my stash. I fussy cut a clock element from the paper and tucked it under the tags. The Prima resin clock from the kit I lightly inked and placed in the cluster. I also tucked in the Maya Road vintage key, a Heidi Swapp Definition Sticker, and one of the Prima Sunrise Sunset Metal trinkets from the kit. I used a few of the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology rub-ons randomly on the cover and sides. Then to give it a bit more of a shabby feel I dabbed some gesso here and there using a small sea sponge. After that dried I went back and added some more texture using a stencil and modeling paste.


Here's a closeup of the front. To dress up the Maya Road Vintage frame I cut a scrap from the paper to fit in the frame, glued it in place then sealed it with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint in Rock Candy.

And here are closeups of the two sides. Aren't those Maya Road Vintage Scissors from the kit so cute?


And here's the back view. I used the other Maya Road vintage frame, doing the same technique.

Thanks so much for stopping in! I hope you have a wonderful day!


Products used from the Frosted Designs Store:

6 Comments »

6 Responses to “An Enchanted Gift Box!”

Isbaha said...

Such a beautiful box, amazing work!

SandeeNC said...

Your gift box is beautiful Michelle!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Gorgeous box Michelle. Awesome!!!!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Wow! This is soooo pretty!

Brenshevia said...

Beautiful work as always Michelle!

MichelleMc said...

Thanks so much, ladies!