Rummage & Ransack with Tamiko

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Howdy folks! It's Tamiko on the blog today and I am playing with the new KIT!

When I first saw this kit, I automatically thought, it looks like a travel on the go kit.  Everything fits in a small bag and you can.. literally.. get up and go and have a small adventure.

The book contains a list in the back which I copied and began scavenging my stash.  I found a lot of things right away and secured then inside my book on the pages with Washi Tape. lol  I even used washi tape as one of my items.  My book is thick and I don't mind!!  I like BIG BOOKs. ::giggles::

I decided when I use the book, I would have 1 scavenger item and at least 2 alterations.  I even made a game of it and let others choose my items to create a page with.

This week I let Sandee Setliff choose.  For my first page 
She gave me Scanvenge item #10 - a napkin
Alterations #129 add colored paper and #150 to combine



So I took the napkin I had already taped to my page, used only the first layer and used some matte medium to adhere it to the page, then I used my gelatos to *combine and extend the size of the napkin to a full page. I added the color paper as a boarder and and doodled with a white Signo gel pen.  Page is done and I have art in my book!

She also gave me a second page.. 
I got scavenged item #12- a post it note! (yikes)
Alterations -Make it a building (house) from one of the intro pages and #86 write and ode to this item (waves fist in air.. OH NO!! write???) 



I created a background for my page with gesso and 3 acrylic paints. I cut my post-it to the shape of a small house.  Believe it or not these items were already doodled on the post-it. (smiles)  I then glued it to my page with Helmars 450.  Wrote my version of an ode with the Identipen (included in the kit) and framed it; added some shading to the house with my charcoal pencil from the kit; and topped it all with some Signo white pen doodles.  Page is Done!  More artwork in my book!

My ode reads:
to the tune of ABC song

M.Y.H.O.U.S.E
Filled with love and chocolate things
Coffee and small pastry bites
Craft filled table with delights

Music blasting in my ears,
Drowns out all the noise my dears.

M.Y.H.O.U.S.E
how special and perfect you are to me
  It's not long.. but neither is my page! (laughs)


I think the hardest thing for me is to decide to commit to the items I have pre-chose and selected to include on my page. The whole thing has been fun and will continue to be fun.  There are over 70 items to scavenge and about 180 alterations!  Who could go bored with that?  

Anyway, that's it for me today! 
Don't forget to grab a Rummage & Ransack Kit.. for you and a friend!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.. or post then in the Frosted Designs page!

Have a great week!!

You can pick up your kit HERE!







11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Rummage & Ransack with Tamiko”

Vicki said...

You are off to a great start on this book. You may have just convinced me to order the kit. Have a wonderful Sunday Meko

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are FABULOUS!! LOVING them!!!

SandeeNC said...

LOVVVVVVVVVe what you did with the pages girl! You rocked the scavenges and alterations!!

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

You are one creative lady. Lover this kit and that game idea is awesome. You get lots oof bloggers love today.


Anonymous said...

You're having a blast with that book and rocking it while you do. I love seeing your progress.
Hugs,
Yvonne

tomeki28 said...

Very cool
-Melody

Unknown said...

Wow Tamiko, your pages are awesome! I really like the 1st one. You sound like you are having a wonderful time with this. May have to check it out when I save more pennies. LOL

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Totally fab and beautiful Tamiko. I so love it!!!!

Pakrat said...

This looks liked so much Fun- great job!!

MichelleMc said...

These are simply amazing! Love both of them!

Sandy said...

What fun it looks to do this book.. I love the idea of a scavenger hunt and following random numbered prompts sounds like just the way to get a flat mojo hopping.. Your darling pages look fabulous you did so well and its lovely to see your writing..
Sandy :)