Attitudes

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hi everyone!
I know that along with the holidays also comes stress.
And I guess this was on my mind when I was thinking of what to create in my Rummage and Ransack journal.
It's funny how your thoughts come into play in your art, just like in life, what we think is what we portray to the world.

You can't have a good day
with a bad attitude...
and you can't have a bad day
with a good attitude!


So, my 2 alterations were:
Drip paint on it ( the rain )
and
Drip coffee or tea on it ( the puddles )

Fun and messy, my kind of art.
I used the acrylic paints and the Ident pen to create my pages.

All that wetness created some warped and wrinkly pages though.

So I ironed them by placing a piece of white paper between the two sheets and ironing from the backside. Well, let me say...not the best idea I've ever had. Where the paint was thin, it worked great, but where the paint was thick, it melted the paint, softening it up, and the paper stuck to it. Just glad I was ironing the backside of the paper or could you imagine what I would have done to my iron? But on the bright side, the paper flattened out beautifully! lol
Oh well, lessons for the impatient and not too brainy artist! 

There is nothing more fun and stress busting than dripping and splattering some paint around, especially when you aren't feeling all that creative. It's relaxing to just have some pretty colors oozing their way down the page!

 I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and try to remember to have a good attitude, even if the turkey is dry, your sister-in-law is nuts or your family is dysfunctional......
oh wait, I think I am describing my Thanksgiving of years past!!


9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Attitudes”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is amazing! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the quote!!!!!!!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

looove the drips and the double layout!! This book is good for anyone who wants to try art journaling!!

Jean said...

Super cute!

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Sandee like your quote, and the idea of the Iron is great, wish I owned one. LOL...I am pressing my self to leave you some bloggers love.
Sharon..

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome quote and so true. Love the drips, although I'm kinda partial to them.... Lol. You know I love your work my friend. Two thumbs up!!
Hugs,
Yvonne

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Oh this is so cool!!

Anna said...

Oh I love all the drips. The silhouettes are terrific!! Fun page Sandee!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Totally fab Sandee and and just WOW!!! Love the drips and details. WTG!!!!!

Sandy said...

Love all the drips and the quote looks great.. :)